Monday 7 December 2020

Part Four: Example 2: class Person

 In this example, we would add some more methods (functions) to our person class. We would add the methods to walk and speak such that it can be invoked when we run the code as shown below.

 

class Person:
   def __init__(self, name, age):
      self.name = name
      self.age = age

   def walk(self):
      print(self.name + ' is walking...')

   def speak(self):
      print('Hello my name is ' + self.name + ' and I am ' + str(self.age) + ' years old')

ali = Person('Ali', 22)
jay = Person('Jay', 18)

print(ali.name + ' ' + str(ali.age))
ali.speak()
ali.walk()

print(jay.name + ' ' + str(jay.age))
jay.speak()
jay.walk()

 

When we run the code we have the following output:

 

Ali 22

Hello my name is Ali and I am 22 years old

Ali is walking...

Jay 18

Hello my name is Jay and I am 18 years old

Jay is walking...  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment